Sunday, September 21, 2014

One Down---Several More to Go!!!

****The red on the blue is actually my label.  I embroidered it on the backing rather than place a traditional label.

I finished quilting "Confetti" this morning!  Since these pictures were taken, I have put on the binding--AND machine sewed it down and cut/removed the "jump stitches.  It is all folded and ready for "Show N' Tell" at the Guild meeting, and then I plan to put it on my guest bedroom bed.

I like this quilt---the back of my "not so good" dyed pieces, really makes for a nice back.  The pieces are a soft suede-like texture and color which goes well with the scrap top.  The binding is a red print---I didn't quite feel like piecing a binding as well, but the all one type of binding seemed to tie it together....I guess I should take a picture of that---but I don't feel like going back down and unfolding.  Maybe later.

I found a quilt top I had finished a last year I think---and I will quilt it.;  Don't have a plan for it, in fact I really don't like it much, but I am going to quilt it anyway.  I might really like it more after it is completed.

Well have a great Sunday afternoon!

Friday, September 19, 2014


"Confetti" is all DONE!!!!!  I am now in the process of quilting it.  The finished size (before quilting) was 83 x 94---a good size --- almost queen!  I already had the "Egyptian Eye" CL board on the machine so I am using it to quilt the pattern.  It is so busy, you will not really be able to see it on top, but the back is solid so you can see the pattern there.  I am using ultra-thin poly batting since with all the seams, it is really heavy already.  My goal is to have it finished by the end of the week and be ready to start another UFO.  A better picture once it is quilted!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Almost Done!

I think I will name this quilt, "Confetti".  It looks like confetti spilled on the floor doesn't it.  I was talking with Diane and she asked me the name of the pattern.  This is one of those quilts that is a technique, not really a pattern.  It is inspired by the quilt, "Joseph's Coat of Many Colors", a quilt made by an artist from Gee's Bend.  Molly Flanders had posted one on her blog (also very scrappy) but my technique is slightly different from the one she outline.  It isn't really hard, but is certainly tedious.   You MUST make sure you have a consistent 1/4 inch seam, and your logs MUST be the same size!----Don't ask me how I know.  The hardest part (I think) is joining the rows.  As with all my quilts, I am making this one to fit a queen-size bed (the original was a crib quilt and made by hand I think), so I need about twelve more rows!  I am NOT going to work on anything else until this is done!!!!!!  It is made from nothing but scraps, and I plan to piece the back from some of my hand dyes.  I originally worked really hard to make sure I didn't have like fabric's close together, now I am not trying quite so hard :)!