Saturday, September 5, 2015

I'm Back Yet Again!!!

I don't know what happens to stop me from posting????  I come to the blog everyday to read other's posting, but there doesn't seem to be anything going on that is interesting enough to write about.  So I procrastinate, and before you know it, an entire month has pasted.

So what have I been up to?  Actually a lot has been going on at work---too boring to write about, and lots on the quilting front as well.

I am still plugging along on the quilt I am donating to the school fundraiser.  It looks like the last picture I posted but actually, I have added those rows and these are new rows.  The one with only one block is the last row left and then I will be finished with the top.  I will only need to quilt it and with about three weeks left I should be done.  Not sure why it is taking me so long other than the fact that I "have" to finish.



During a lull in my quilting time, I was surfing DWR quilts and came upon these dies.  I have two die cutters and so these are for the Sizzix cutter.  I ordered the main DWR and then two other die's that are compatible the concave center and make two different quilts.







The majority of quilts that I make are scrappy.  I rarely make a "coordinated" quilt.  As I was looking through my dies, I saw I had the "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul" die and so I cut out and started a quilt (instead of finishing what I have).  This now makes three new quilts I have cut out and "began".  I think I may have "Quiltitis"--the inability to only work on one project at one time.  I don't really feel bad in a way, since this seems to be a condition that many quilters have.  At any rate, I am only using fabric that I have, and I will "try" to finish all these UFO's or at least two, before I start anything else.

Well, just wanted to stop by and let you know I am still here!  Have a great holiday week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!