Friday, December 31, 2010
Thursday, December 30, 2010
On a quilty subject, I was looking over the list of quilts I have finished this year and I have been pretty productive. 17 quilts, not counting the one that I only put a binding on---and these are really finished----quilted and bound (although Asian Indigo is still being quilted). Since I have joined Judy's UFO Challenge, I should complete at least 12 next year! Pretty good huh!
Now for some New Year's Resolutions!
My quilty one is to straighten up my sewing room (studio) by:
- Going through my scrap bin and getting rid of all those tiny pieces of fabric, and cutting the larger pieces into triangles/squares/strips---and then putting those in separate easily accessed bins.
- Cutting up my various FQ's that I either received as gifts, or purchased for no apparent reason, into the same usable pieces as mentioned above.
- Review all my magazines and tear out the patterns that I will eventually make (maybe) and throw the rest out.
- Go through the large garbage bag of batting pieces and piece the bigger ones together to use in utility quilts and get rid of the pieces that are unusable (maybe I will check with the Vet and see if they could use some little pet pillows. I could get rid of some yuk fabric as well as the leftover batting scraps).
Well, everything sounds doable. Hopefully this will be accomplished, along with my UFO's.
Hugs and I'll keep you posted on the progress of the bread!
Monday, December 27, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
We are suppose to have a white Christmas!!! The kids are really excited---not me, especially since I have to drive in it. My poor son has to work tomorrow night from 11p to 7A, so he isn't very happy either. .....but maybe it will not happen, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a prediction of weather didn't materialize.
Well, gotta go check on the rolls and get a little rest before it all starts again tomorrow. Here is hoping you all have the best Christmas ever!!!!! God's Blessings to you and your loved ones!!!
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
- The scrappy house quilt
- Batik strings (just needs a binding)
- The star quilt (just needs a binding)
- "Sewing Green" Drunkard's Path" (from old shirts)
- "Traditional" string quilt
- "Non-traditional" string quilt (tube first)
- Paint box quilt
- Red and White Log Cabin
- Scrap Depression Block Quilt
- Apple Core Quilt
I honestly can't think of 12 UFO's, so I am adding 3 quilts that I have been wanting to make and haven't yet:
- (10) Half Log Cabin
- (11) Scrap Flannel
- (12) Zig Zag Quilt
I have one quilt that is a 10 year UFO---but I honestly am not sure I even want to finish it. I don't have the directions anymore----so I am going to think about that one. I guess I am setting myself up for a success by not adding it, since I don't even like it anymore. Hope that isn't cheating---I might add it later.
Well here is my list----let's hope I am not only successful in completing the list, but that I can link. Click on the badge on the right and see what you need to do to join! Please do---it will be fun!
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
- Apple Core Quilt
- Paintbox Quilt
- Depression Block Quilt
- House block scrap quilt (just started)
- Hand-dyed center block quilt (oriental fabric framing)
- Batik Quilt (only needs the binding)
- Snowball quilt (only needs the binding)
- String Quilt (made as a tube and then cut into a block).
- Drunkard's Path
This is all I can think of right now. There is one other one but it is so old---about 7 years old and at this time, I am not even sure if I want to really finish it, plus I lost the directions so......... As you can see I haven't named the quilts yet so the names are descriptive only, hence string quilt that is made as a tube.
Let's see how I do. It sounds like fun though, but that quilt I started 7 years ago sounded like fun too.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
My week-end was a nice quiet one. I belong to two guilds, and one had their Christmas Party yesterday. There was lots good food, laughter and just enjoying being together. It rained and by the time the party ended, about 2PM, the temperature was falling. It has continued to fall and now it is snowing. School has been canceled and given that, my other Guild's Party is as well. Don't know when it will be rescheduled but at this one I was going to find out who my "Secret Sister" was. Well, that will have to wait.
No real news---so I will go back into my sewing room and tidy a bit---I have been in the scrap bins and fabric is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
I am now considered a "senior"---I can get a discount at Joanne's; at TJ Maxx on Wednesday's and at Kroger's as well. I have outlived my mother and one sister and unlike some people who are even younger, I am in pretty good health. I can still dance!, can sing the latest songs, even those that I don't really understand; can run a race with my grandchildren and still work a 12 hour shift at the hospital (although I do whine a lot about it). Some say I really don't look my age and most days I don't feel it either.
All in all, I think I have been blessed! I wish I had more money (who doesn't); wish I really could retire (instead I am preparing to return to school); and wish I could buy a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes.
All my children are well and WORKING; my grandchildren are all doing well in school; my husband still says he loves me and my friends are there for me. I have a pretty good life! Here's wishing me many more years!!!