Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Have Been So Very LAZY!!!!!!


I have been checking in regularly, but it has been so very HOT here that I haven't had the energy to think about writing something. When I get home from work, I get all tired out just walking from the car to the house! Still, I would rather be hot than cold.


I have been doing some quilting of course. Finished quilting my bright square quilt, it is called Marissa's Quilt, since it is for my granddaughter Marissa. I also put a bright green piping on it---it really added some zing! I also finished a baby quilt for one of the girls at work. I used the "Yellow Brick Road" pattern in blue and yellow. Somewhere along the way, I either didn't cut out some of the blocks, or cut too many of one, so I had to add another FQ. I added a red, like the border and it is looking kinda nice (picture to follow).
I also did some dyeing. Above is the pictures of the results of my labor. I am so glad that I dyed some half yard pieces, since I love the colors! Aren't the color's vibrate!!!! I think I have discovered the secret! I am going to try again next week and see if it works again and then I will share it! I was just playing around and so really didn't dye as much as I wanted, nor in the colorways, but I do like the way these look--BTW, it looks like I need a new ironing board cover :-(
Well, just wanted to check in---thanks so much for being patient with me! I will try to do better! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you didn't have those done while I was there! They'd have come home in my suitcase! LOL I've decided Fla is now where the Wicked Witch of the West lives - all I'm hearing is "I'm melting!!"
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!