Monday, June 25, 2012

Where Is Patricia?

First I want to say how much I appreciate the comments. I did take your advice and just put everything aside for a while. I sorta had to since I left town to attend a meeting. I am in Washington D.C. at a nursing conference. Our oldest son and his wife live in Maryland.


This young man and his wife is a mother's dream (not that my others are not). He is an artist (although with 2 Ph.D's he is a philosophy professor by day) and felt my "Mo Jo" had a better chance of returning if I were pampered so------
When I got off the plane he and his wife had made reservation for me to receive a massage!!!! Not just any old massage, but one with hot stones, warm towels, aromatic oils, birds singing and soft music. I woke myself up snoring a couple of times.

Then it was off to dinner--and a tour of a wonderful aromatic spice and tea shop. I did something unusual, spent money on something other than fabric.



We then had a big cup of yogurt and home to bed.


On Saturday I went to a wonderful African fabric shop, to walk the aisles and invite my creative muse back. My son waited in the car so long he went to sleep---but not once did he come in to get me or act upset that I took so long. 32 yards later....well we will see. Just to clarify, about 20 yards were for quilt backs. The other will end up hopefully in a masterpiece. My justification is the fact that it is hard to find authentic Africa fabric in middle Tennessee.

I checked into the hotel last night and went to sessions all day. So I am in my hotel room and will leave for dinner soon. I go back to my son on Wednesday and return to reality in TN on Saturday. For now I am trying really hard to relax and enjoy the moment.

Thanks again! I know I'm acting like a baby and whining, but I promise I will "get it together "

2 comments:

  1. Now this sounds like more of a vacation to me than a workshop/class! Pamper yourself girl! We all need it you know.
    The tea shop sounds wonderful and the yogurt...what can I say! It is second only to real ice cream! LOL
    And I can't believe you bought ONLY 32 yards!! Should have been more...
    Hugs to you and the family...I'm going to have to meet them one day, you know!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first day there got you off on the right foot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!