Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Pictureless" Sunday :c(

Just wanted to check in.  The holidays are fast approaching and I will have company this year.  My favorite nephew and his family and my middle son and his significant other will be here.  It took me all day to clean my kitchen yesterday.  Not that it was that dirty, it is just that as I have aged I am easily distracted.  Had to stop and look at some magazines I found on the bakers rack, had to dance to a song I heard on the radio, had to stop to eat some yogurt, etc.  In the end, I did accomplish what I wanted, but now today I have to stay focused and clean the rest of the house---including three bathrooms!

I did manage (of course) to get some quilting in---I got up early (to clean) and instead worked on "Scrap Happy", I also finished Diane's quilt and managed to order some more Circle Lord templates (they are having a Thanksgiving Sale)---it is interesting how I can stay focused and multi-task doing things like this...maybe because it is so much more (excuse the double adjective) fun!

I am almost finished with "Scrap Happy" (pictures wouldn't really be that interesting since it looks like the last ones---just bigger) and have decided to add a border.  I just can't seem to make a "small" quilt----I want my quilts to cover my bed if possible, so I am going to add a 6 inch border to the sides.  I have "thought" it out, and my plan is to stay with the scrappiness.  I think it will work out!  If not, it is my quilt and I will  love it anyway.  I am going to use one of the new templates to quilt it.  Since it has so many seams, I will not quilt it as heavy, going for "soft".

I am also getting ready for the "Friday After" sales.  It is tradition for my daughter, my niece and grand-niece and a friend to go shopping, leaving the house at midnight!  We have so much fun.  Last year my oldest granddaughter went, and my friends daughter, they were amazed and couldn't believe we are able to stay awake that long.  I am amazed myself actually since I find it difficult to stay awake past 8pm  normally, but this is different.  My son's significant other is from Cameroon and doesn't really understand this particular custom of "Friday After" shopping.  I am not sure if she will go, but my son and she will meet us for lunch when we stop to get "energized".  It may not require such long hours this year since so many of the stores are opening on Thanksgiving evening.  In addition, my grandbabies are older and so require less "toys" and more substantial gifts which may not (or may) take as much time.  At any rate, it is a custom that I personally enjoy, but realize it isn't for everyone. 

My DH is going to go to the Joanne Fabric Doorbuster on Wednesday for me!  I have a early clinical and so can't make it, and really want this doorbuster-----hopefully he will be up for the challenge.  I really appreciate him doing this for me though, especially since he says women after a deal "scare" him :c)!  He says however, if I miss this deal, I "scare" him more!!!!!   I am going to work with him today on appropriate strategies to use :c)!

Well, gotta get focused and get to work!  I DO NOT want to spend all day cleaning!  Have a blessed Sunday!  and thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Tell your husband to look pitiful and ask for help, but be careful not to fall down or he may be trampled. Be well. Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!