Friday, February 28, 2014

Checking In!

Life has been "getting in the way"---but as always, I am making sure I put some time aside to quilt.  At the end of the day I am so tired sometimes, I don't have the energy to quilt AND blog, so guess which wins out!!!

Above is the quilt I started to get my "creative juices" going to finish the shirt quilt.  I used a special ruler to make these shapes.  I have never had such an easy time sewing curves---don't even need pins.  The fabric is from my small collection of African fabrics.  The grey of the background with the black strips is a good combination I think.


This is the latest BOM from the Brockman site.  This is not as much fun as I thought it would be, mainly because if you are making the ticking blocks you get absolutely no help in how to make it.  If I wasn't so very stubborn, I would just move on, but I really "think" I could like it.  I do think though, I am going to use a ticking in a contrasting color.  As it is, I don't think you can see the pattern very well.

Well, I will try hard to be more diligent in posting.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new quilt! It is so you!! LOL What are you using for the background fabric? It doesn't look like it has a stripe in it. More of a shading from light to a darker light gray. Can't wait to see this one done.
    Also like you ticking blocks. This will turn out to be another interesting mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some very interesting pieces you have going on! The African Abacus (they don't use those in schools anymore) is a great way to show off the collection of prints.

    The BOM has some great potential with the strips going on in multiple directions...and I can see them being repeated in an all over design or set in a popping color or even a calming neutral and the stripes would still be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!