This is my version of a Gee's Bend Quilt called "Coat of Many Colors". I saw a scrap version (like mine) on Pinterest. I love it! It is comprised of 2 x 4.5 inch rectangles and is sewn together with Y seams. I have gotten the "hang" of it so the going is much faster. It actually takes more time to cut the rectangles than it does to sew them together. This is a "long term" project, since I really am going to have to get back to my "shirt" quilt, but I do need something to break the "sameness" of working on just one quilt. I don't think this will be a bed size quilt though, more a large lap size. This will be the last quilt I make with these particular scraps though (this will be the fourth one I think). After a while, the quilts all sorta look alike, so after this quilt, I will discard what I have left and start over. I am already discarding the small pieces I have left from cutting the rectangles and am not feeling the least bit guilty about it either.
I have finished my "African Abacus". I forgot to take a picture of that, and right now don't want to go back downstairs to do so, so I will post tomorrow. I am currently quilting one of only two quilts I have left for Diane, so after I finish the one on the frame, I will load Abacus on and quilt it.
I have also finished quilting two baby quilts for donation and just need to bind them (I am doing so by machine), so although I haven't been blogging, I have been busy. I have one more baby quilt to quilt and bind before the next guild meeting and then I will past those on. I think I will stop for a while since that will make 20 I think I have made and donated.
Well, just wanted to check in! Have a great remainder of the week!