Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Busy Saturday!

I got up really early this morning--took my shower, and was drinking a cup of coffee in preparation for Guild Meeting.  Thank goodness one of the members called me and after talking, it was clear I had the wrong day---it is NEXT Saturday!  I don't know what is happening!  You would think I had just had a baby and had "placenta brain".  I think it is because I am having a little stress in my personal life and I am distracted a lot.  Anyway, since I was up, I decided to bind some quilts---all the more for Show and Tell next week.  I am getting pretty good at machine binding.  It is fast and perfect for quilts that will be used a lot!  I was able to bind three of them this morning!



One of the quilts that I put a binding on was one I quilted using the other new Circle Lord Board, Wanders.  I was not sure I really liked it at first, but it is growing on me.  There are more open un-quilted spaces.  I don't know why I feel this way since I have several panto's that leave spaces but I think the straight lines make it seem even more open.  It does however make for a soft quilt.  This is another lap size/child quilt.  I am not sure if I will donate this one either since it is nice to have this size available for covering cold feet or using when traveling.  I will wait and see.  I didn't use the high loft batting so you can't see the definition as well on this one as the other.  I think when I use the Board again, I will see how it does with a higher loft.  This would be a great pattern on a solid quilt too.  I think the "busyness" of this top makes the quilting get lost, but again, maybe that is what you want with a quilt like this.  At any rate it is done AND bound.




I pieced the back (a little) so you can see the pattern much better.  Everything from my stash!  It feels good to use what I have.

Have a great remainder of the week-end.

2 comments:

  1. Wanders is on my wish list. I'm considering just trying it freehand some day when I have a simple charity quilt that needs some modern quilting to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you quilt for others? I love quilted circles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!