Friday, October 10, 2014

Checking In!

I know my New Year's Resolution was to be a better and more frequent blogger.  Life though keeps "getting in the way".  I was trying to be a good wife/mother and clean my house.  I was on my hands and knees cleaning the bathroom floor and when I stood up, totally knocked out my knee!  Don't know what I did, but it hurt "something awful".  I had to cancel my class which is something I never do!

Then I had all kinds of work I had to do, etc.....plus, quite frankly, I didn't have anything exciting to write about.  I did start another quilt though-----




This is one section.  I am using a jelly roll I purchased a couple of years ago at the AQS Paducah show.  I am so disappointed though----poor--poor quality.




This is a picture of one of the strips in the roll.  There are several like this!  I know that hand dyes have a natural color variance, but some of them look like they are stained.  I decided to write the company---Marcus Brothers.  We will see if I get a response.




I was on my way home from work and look at the sky and was absolutely amazed at the beauty---so I proceeded to take pictures with my phone.  Aren't they beautiful!!!



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. that quilt is going to be very attractive, what you've done so far is very effective. Hope your knee is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Can't wait to see it finished. I do like those graduating colors in the strips, even if they weren't the best quality! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!