I have cut 922 Apple Cores. The quilt I am making needed 461 blocks--that is one light core and one dark core per block. Although I have always loved the Apple Core block, there is NO way I would have made this quilt and cut each of these out with a template. The GO! allowed me to cut them all within two days. I could have cut them all at once, but I had other work to do and so couldn't devote the time in a block. The quilt will be 19 blocks x 19 rows. I would have liked to make it with 23 rows, but I ran out of blue and white, so it will be square. I am working hard, but I don't' think I will have this done by the end of this short month. My special machine foot makes sewing the core pieces together easy, but I have to switch to my regular foot when I start putting block to block. I do think this will be a pretty quilt. I think I will back it in muslin like most antique quilts are, since it really does look antique to me.
Well, just wanted to keep you updated. The sun is shinning bright here although it is very cold!!! Next week it will be in the 60's---almost dyeing weather!!!!!!
Hugs! and have a great week-end!