Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday!

I am making my apple core's using my GO! This makes it possible for me since I would NOT cut all these out with a template. I love my GO! I think this was a appropiate purchase for me. When you cut the core there are little notches that make it much easier to put them together. It is still curved sewing but with my little gadget below, it is a little easier.

My curve master foot that I am using to put the apple core's together. It makes it easier, but there is a learning curve I am still on (the picture is turned sideways for some reason--sorry). I am a bit inconsistent, but I have decided to not obsess about that. I am also trying to not obsess about the placement of the colors either. I just want to have fun and moving things around 100's of times isn't making this fun.


This is UFO #10. ...my blue/white/neutral CW apple core that I am working on. Diane gave me some of her blue CW scraps so I have a pretty good variety. CW as I have mentioned before isn't really my favorite period or fabrics, but the blue and white/neutral looks so crisp to me. It will be a nice summer quilt I think. It will be queen size when I finish (of course). I haven't decided yet if I will leave the edge scalloped or not. I think the scallop will look pretty, but it all depends how I feel once it is finished. I don't think I will finish this in February....but I am going to work really hard to. I have about 50 of the two core's put together, and about 200 blocks cut. I think I will put them together by 4's and then 8's and then sew those together...(what I did on the far right in the picture). I will still have a long seam to sew in joining rows but I think it will be more manageable. The way I am figuring, I will need 20 rows of 18. I am going to put the first 4 rows together and see if it will be big enough. No, I will definitely NOT finish this in February.
Normally after church I go to a LQS or to Joanne's to look around at the very least. I really didn't feel like doing that this year. The weather was sunny but cool and after coming home from church and putting on my pj's, I really didn't want to get dressed. After church I had dinner with two of my kids and got a take-out for DH, so I didn't even have to cook. I did make some cookies for my grandson and his friends (my grandson is such a picky eater, I made him a grilled cheese sandwich with sides for dinner and he was happy), but other than running the vaccum in the downstairs den I really didn't do anything other than sewing a little.
Hope you Sunday was a wonderful one and your week will be just as great!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!