I am so happy!!!! "THE" quilt is completed!!!!!!! I have squared it up and will put on the binding and then do hand work. The bad news----the back looks awful, but "oh well"---I am not going to worry about it at all. After I took it off the frame it really doesn't look that bad in front. The thread really blends into the front well, so you can't see the "yuk" nearly as good as you can see it on the back. I can't post a picture, but I will reveal closer to the December Guild meeting, or a couple of days after! I certainly do not expect to win anything, and am thinking seriously of not putting mine in the mix for a prize, although I did finish the challenge. The workmanship just isn't that good.
I also finished putting on the borders for my other Guild mystery! It isn't nearly as big as I would want, but it is a nice lap quilt. I am going to use Baptist Fans to quilt it and put a chocolate flannel on back. A real "manly" quilt.
I am now going to go back to "Spontaneous Combustion" and complete it. No new quilts will be started until after the New Year, but I will use the remaining two months to finish up some of these UFO's. I can't say they will all get quilted, but certainly, I am going to bring them to that stage.
Well, that is all I have to share. Have a great week-end!