Friday, September 28, 2012

Practice Quilt!


Excuse the wrinkles, but Coal had just run across the quilt.  This is my practice piece from my Craftsy class.  It was a little tricky---you really have to be careful with the layout, but I didn't have to "frog" not one seam!!
Everything came from my stash or scrap bags.  The solids are scraps of my hand dyes, and the grey is actually two different pieces.  They are off just a little, but I am not going to obsess about it.  I gotta be honest though, my stomach is a bit queasy to begin the actual quilting.  I know it is just a practice piece, but I have long admired and wanted to do custom, and am a little apprehensive about beginning.  I am going to let this vegetate a little.  I received my practice panel from Spoonflower and I might just load that first, plus I still have a little room on the piece already loaded to practice a little more.  I have some work I need to do first, so I have a little time to figure it out.  I think I am going to use a poly batting, rather than the expensive cotton I have for this (and I don't really feel like piecing batting pieces together) and just a plain muslin backing.  Nothing fancy.

Well, hope your week ends on a positive note, and you have a great week-end.  I have to work tomorrow----I have simulation lab for 40 students so it will be a LONG and busy day.  Next week clinical rotations begin, so not a lot of creative time will be available.  I though will check in as often as possible.  I see I have another "Follower".  Thank you so much---hopefully I can contribute something to your creative journey.  Just by becoming a "Follower of my blog", you have added a lot to mine.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!