Sunday, June 7, 2015

Current Work!

I still haven't began blocking "Crop Circles" so I haven't put the binding on yet.  It is my plan to have that done within the next couple of weeks.

I have started two new projects though:

  • The donation quilt for the silent auction for the fundraiser:
    • I started one quilt, but changed to a quilt made with my hand dyes.  It is comprised of 350 half-squares.  I have 125 made, so the cutting and sewing goes on.  The fundraiser is not until September, so I should be done at least one month before the deadline.  No picture to share yet.
  • I made a quilt for one of the nurses I worked with when her second baby was born, and to address the possibility of the older child being left out, I also made one for her (she was probably 2 at the time).  That nurse is still  working at the hospital and although I no longer work there, I take my students there for clinical and so see her frequently during the semester.  In a conversation a couple of months ago, she relayed how her daughter (who will be 8 years old in September) really loves that baby quilt.  She said although it is really too small, she wants it spread over her when she sleeps and sits on it when she is playing.  I saw this really cute pattern that was made of ovals put together to make an 8.  A perfect quilt (I thought for someone turning 8 years old).  I discussed it with her mother, who agrees, and so I am making it completely from my stash (including the backing).  The "8's" will be 6 different colors of polka dot fabric.  The picture is of a partial row, but I think you will get the idea.  The "8's" are staggered, and I am making a throw size, so it will be usable for a while.




  • I have completed quilting the most recent donation quilt.



I used a really simple pattern for the quilting and although I really do not like the light backing, I didn't have anything suitable and I really didn't want to buy anything.  I have more fabric to make another but I will use another color for the back.  As I type this, I just thought I had some red and some blue flannel that would have been better for the back.  Oh well---next time.  Maybe I will just hold on to this one and make a more suitable baby quilt.  Who knows!  It is cute though.

Well, that's it for now.  Hope you are having a great Sunday!  Take care and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!