Sunday, October 17, 2010

Update!


What have I been up to? I am in the process of cutting all those shirts into strings (thank goodness for the GO!) I am cutting 1.5 and 2.5 strips. The top picture is the shirts I have yet to cut and the bottom is the strips (light and dark bin) after cutting. Then I will put those into Drunkard's Path blocks (again thanks to the GO!) After I finish this for a couple of more minutes, I will return to "Peaches and Berries". I now know why it takes me so long to finish a quilt----I work on several projects at the same time instead of just one. I just can't do it---I get distracted and then off I go. "Peaches" will get finished---just later than I thought.

I went to the Homecoming Game and guess who the Homecoming Queen was (as voted by the student body)? That's right---my Granddaughter!!!!!!! The dress was absolutely beautiful --- her mother did a great job. She looked so very beautiful! I did get a chance to go with her when she got her make-up done and although she was sure she didn't look "all that great"---clearly she did! It was such fun! I can't believe that she is 17 and getting ready to graduate from college--it seems like only yesterday I was holding her and teaching my daughter how to change her diaper :c)
Have a wonderful Sunday---it is Fall Break at school so I have Monday and Tuesday off! I still have lots to do around here but at least I don't have to go to work!







1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the homecoming queen!! Send me a photo when you can! I was beginning to wonder where you had headed off to now. If I didn't see a post this afternoon, I was sending the posey out! :-)
    Great work on the shirts. What did you pay for them? When I went into Goodwill several weeks ago I noticed a gazillion shirts in there! Like I need something else on my plate!
    Hugs to all,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!