Sunday, August 21, 2011

Status Report----


Crumb blocks! I literally just picked fabric up from the floor (from the picture below you can see I have LOTS of fabric on the floor----LOL). I did these to give myself a little rest and I like how they look. I think that with each project I may just make a couple of these blocks from the scraps (since I can't seem to throw any of it away). Who knows, in a little while I could have enough for a quilt.

I have been able to quilt almost all morning putting this quilt together. This is 5 rows of the 10, so I am essentially half done. As I am putting the rows together I can see where I could have been a little more careful in the placement of colors, but you know what---I don't care---at least not enough to take the rows apart. I think that is what makes a quilt (or anything) "home made", the spontaneity of it all (at least that is my story and I am sticking to it). I am going to work on it again later today so I should have it finished within the next couple of days. I am going to use a plain white background and I have batting, so I should be able to quilt it as soon as it is finished.


Just wanted to give you a little update---see I have accomplished something!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thought id stop by and say hello. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the quilt! Looks like you are rolling right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt and so neat!!!!

    I do the scrap thing too by making up random patches, and hopefully will have enough to make something from eventually.

    I can't throw away either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!