Saturday, January 19, 2013

No Direction!@#@#*

 
 
The blocks in the picture above represent three quilts I am working on---there are blocks for three others that are not posted.  I seem to have absolutely no directions---but the good thing (I guess), is that at least I am working on something.
 
The blocks in the upper left is the beginning of a "Scrappy Around the World".  I have been cruising the web and it looks like others are thinking the way I am.  I have LOTS of scraps and really want to use them in a quilt.  This is a great quilt for that-------if I had cut all my scraps into 2.5 inch strips---which I haven't.  As a result, it is taking more time since I have to stop and rummage through a very large pile of scraps looking for either strips, or pieces large enough to cut into strips.  I am also working on the Craftsy 2012 BOM, and have gotten some strips from that pile, but I really don't want two quilts made with exactly the same fabrics, so I am going to try really hard to stay away from that group.    What I am going to have to do is to make more scraps by cutting into my stash----more scraps to add to the ever growing pile! 
 
 
Moving clock-wise---is the new block I added to the 24 month BOM.  I have added "Amish Star" to the "Antique Tile"---so my A blocks are done.  I am liking how they look and hope that all other blocks will be as easy to increase in size.
 
 
The last block is the first of the Pile O'Fabric BOM.  A modern quilt that will teach new techniques.  This first block is called "Sound Wave".  It was very tedious to put together, but I prevailed.  It will use my hand dyes with the background a dark chocolate brown (it looks black in the picture).  Once finished each block is to be quilted using the QAYG (quilt as you go) method.  I am going to quilt mine the traditional method though--since if not, I probably wouldn't ever get it done :D.
 
I have made 7 blocks of the Craftsy BOM, and have put aside the "Spider Web" for a while.  I will finish it this year---hopefully by June---but I am tired of working on it so I gave myself permission to put it aside.  Hence the title of my post "No Direction".
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great Saturday!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you''ve got a great rolling start for the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!