Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ta Da!!



I completed the quilting this morning.  I showed it to my daughter and she is sure that my granddaughter will love it...and it does complement the color scheme she has selected for her dorm room.


I tried something a little different this time.  I used two layers of batting---a poly and a thin cotton.  This is not something I would do with every quilt, but it does help the quilting to be more defined.  Since I used a solid backing, the quilting really shows up there.  I love the look of concentric circles!!  All I need to do is to trim it and bind it later today (by machine of course), create a label and one graduation gift down, a couple more to go.

I also gave my daughter the red and white quilt yesterday as a early birthday gift.  She loved it!!!  As with all gifts that are appreciated, it made me feel great!

It snowed last night!!!  The sun is shinning brightly this morning, but I have lots of housework to keep me busy inside.  Have a great and productive Saturday!!  A think the weather calls for a nice big pot of homemade chili!!

1 comment:

  1. As always I love it! I don't think I've ever seen one of your quilts that I haven't! She will really love this one. I love the circles and the way the 2 batting layers make it stand out. Where's mine??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!