Saturday, January 31, 2015

Latest Tool!!!!!

As I might have mentioned, I am planning to semi-retire at the end of the summer.  Semi--since I am going to teach one class per semester---NO clinical.  In preparation for all this free time I will hopefully have, I am purchasing additional tools.

I had seen the "Flowing Snowball" Quilt Along.  I thought I had purchased the templates, but even though I looked everywhere in my "studio" for it, I couldn't find it.  I assumed I had "intended" to purchase it, but for some reason had not.  I was looking on-line at the finished quilt and came across the latest GO! die --- the "Flowing Snowball"!!!!  I received a gift card to Joann's and so went onto their web site and sure enough, it was there---so out came the cards and my new die arrived today!  I put everything aside and cut one sample block!


It works perfectly---and although I did have to do a little "frogging", it was because I didn't read the directions.  The pieces go together without any difficulty even with the curve!  This is going to be a quilt I make this year!  I think I may just take a day and cut the pieces out and put them together at my own pace.  The block is 12" inches finished---perfect for me!   Now watch me find the templates!

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm going to have to get one! Looks good; wouldn't take many to make a good size quilt, would it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!