Sunday, March 22, 2015

On the Home Stretch!!



The top and bottom and one of the side borders are on.  I just need to put the right side one and I will be ready to quilt.  The border is dark strips although I have decided to carry a couple of the circles out to the edge of the border.  Add a little interest.  I had originally alternated the border squares with light and dark and didn't really think it "ended" the quilt, so I took out the light and substituted for the dark.  As I "frogged", I really was trying to talk myself into leaving it, but since I probably will not make another quilt quite like this again, I decided to do it right.  Again, it is a little "wonky", but I really like it!  Now I am trying to figure out how to quilt it.  I am not going to get too fancy since you will not be able to see it anyway, but I think texture is important.  I am thinking either Baptist Fans or the Egyptian Eye CL Board I have been using a lot lately.  I am going to have to "study" on it for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Hope you have it done by the time I get there for Paducah so I can bring it back home! LOL
    Now which one will be next??!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!