Friday, June 5, 2009

Change!

We all know how much times have changed and continue to change. Sometimes however it makes me really think and remember how things once were. What brought me to this "pensive" mood? Well---tomorrow my Guild is having a class that I will be attending. As with most activities, we sign up to bring goodies. I signed up to bring a cake. Now although there are great cakes mixes and better yet, bakeries around, I almost always make a cake from "scratch". This time I made my cake but my family began to whine, and I decided to make another. Unfortunately I didn't have enough cake flour so I sent my husband to the grocery to get a box. He called me from the store and asked me where he could find it. The short of it is the people in the store didn't have cake flour and really didn't know what it was.

I had this great yeast roll recipe that was my mothers. It was wonderful because the rolls would rise in the refrigerator. It was made with cake yeast, which I can't find anywhere anymore. That is one more thing that has gone by the way side. I am certainly glad that quilting hasn't gone the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!