Saturday, November 6, 2010

What's Up?!?!?


I haven't posted in a while---mainly because I have been really busy and once things settle a bit, I am too sleepy to sit at the computer. I have finished quite a lot of quilting---
  • I finished the two quilts I was quilting for Diane. I was going to put them in the mail today, but life got in the way, so I will mail them next week.
  • I put the three borders on the "Mystery Quilt". It is now ready for quilting along with "Red and Orange All Over"---AKA "Peaches and Berries".
  • I finished quilting a baby quilt for a co-worker who is expecting.
  • I finished one sock (pictured above).
  • I finished the toes on another pair I am knitting on one needle (also pictured above with the book I am using). I gave up quilting from the top down, and started from the toe up which seems a little easier. I am making each sock a different color (as the book suggest), so following the directions for sock A and sock B will be easier. Unfortunately, I am going to take these beginnings out, since I have holes where I increased. I can't understand the directions so I am going to increase another way and maybe I will not have holes. I followed the advice I was given and ordered a set of circle needles from KnitPick. It is much easier, but unfortunately, they don't have much of a choice in sizes. I did find another company which I will order from.

Since I finished a UFO, I now get the start on a "new" quilt. I already have several already cut out, so I just need to look through them and choice. Actually, I think I will start on a quilt for my nephew. I plan to give the "Mystery Quilt" to his daughter, I have already given one to his wife, so I think he is due. Diane sent me some really nice homespun, so I think I will use those. I may have to buy a few more, but I think homespun make really nice "masculine" quilts.

Well, that's all for now. I will try to take a picture of "Mystery" tomorrow. Pleasant dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!