Wednesday, January 12, 2011

FINISH #1 OF 2011 (UFO #6)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Diamonds In" is completed!!!!! I am so very glad I kept the white/beige background. It really allows the diamonds to stand out and makes this a very contemporary quilt. The only challenge---since I used a jelly roll of 45 strips, there is some repeats---nothing I can do about it. I did add a couple of orphan strips so that helped a bit. It is queen size and isn't asking for a border. I am going to have a look in my stash for a appropriate binding. I think as I have been doing a lot lately, I will do a faux piping so I can bind it by machine---we'll see. This is a GREAT first finish. Since there is a lot of "white" space, again, I will use a busy panto. I am thinking of keeping the one I already have loaded. The round edges of it should go well with the sharp corners of the diamonds. I feel pretty good!!!

I am ready for the Feb. UFO for sure----oops better not get too "cocky"----I have quite a few UFO's on that list that will not be as easy or fun to finish!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! The quilt is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. That's how you knock them out. Can't wait to see it quilted. I know I owe you an email. I got so excited and then I never wrote back. Look for it soon. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Doesn't it feel great to finish another one??!! A couple more snow days to go....
    I think you are right -- it isn't calling out for a border is it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!