Monday, March 7, 2011

New Quilt!




My Granddaughter is graduating from high school in May. Of course, one of the gifts she will get from me is a quilt. We have been talking about it for a while and she really doesn't have anything in mind. I was going through some magazines and saw this really neat hexagon quilt. Now I am NOT a hand quilter and so the Grandmother's Garden is out of the question, but I remembered that one of the very first GO! dies I purchased was the hexagon. Recently I got the triangles that you could put in the corners that made it easier to sew together. I looked through my stash and found 4 Charm Packs---Snippets. I also have some unbleached muslin that is perfect for these 30's/40's prints----so I am making her a quilt using them. I got them all cut out with the 5 inch hexagon. I figure that I will have 13 rows of 12 blocks and then add a border. This would bring it to a twin size which is perfect for a dorm bed. This will be her quilt---which as I think about it is perfect!!!!
It looks like I am in the mode for quilts made from one block shape. First the apple core and now the hexagon.
xoxo---

3 comments:

  1. This will be a beautiful quilt. I love your fabrics and making this with the bigger hexagons is the way to go. I'll be checking back to see your progress. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the hexagon too but didn't realize the larger one was this big...I've been seeing quilts with the larger hexagon recently and I do like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it you know!! I definitely need this die for my Go! How long did it take to cut the packs of squares?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!