Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy B-day to DH!!!

His favorite cake---a pound cake. He doesn't really like frosting, so we will have it with ice cream. The covered bowl is my yeast rolls rising!!!---can you smell them!! :c)

The savory cornbread for the dressing! This smells wonderful as well!!!


Today is my "darling husband's" (DH) birthday!!!!! I asked him what he wanted and of course he said "nothing"---- that is usually not an answer I would give had it been my birthday, but it wasn't so-------. As the children have gotten older and left, and with a grandson who really doesn't believe in eating (he is a VERY picky eater), I suggested I do something sorta rare for me----make him a big dinner. I usually don't do dinners like this unless it is a MAJOR holiday. I honestly don't enjoy cooking, although I can do it pretty good, but I consider his birthday a major holiday, so I am pulling out several stops. Homemade yeast rolls, homemade cake, chicken (he LOVES chicken) AND dressing! He also really likes my mashed potatoes so I will make those but I am having canned vegges---I can't get too carried away. I have been literally in the kitchen since around 10:00 and I am a tired "honey bunny". It is funny, I can stand on my feet all day quilting, but this kitchen stuff is exhausting. We are expecting my daughter, granddaughters and my son and his family around 5:00---so I have a couple of minutes. I must say though, the house smells delicious!


Have a great remainder of the day!

2 comments:

  1. Tell DH Happy Birthday!! Hope he enjoys his yummy dinner - you are a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummeeee! it is going on 11pm here and now i'm wanting something good to eat hehehe...been grazing all day but no sit down and eat meal...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!