Monday, September 12, 2011

Progress!



I have been working on "Peaceable Strips" AKA "Hidden Well" and am almost finished with half of the queen size top (see above). This is going to be a Christmas gift, for a different person than originally thought of since it seems more "female" than "couple". I really like the strip and polka dot, so when I make it again, I am going to really look for the strip first and then build the other 6 fabrics around that.


The weather here is absolutely beautiful. I love summer and fall often makes me feel kind of melancholy since everything is getting ready to die off and the environment becomes all grey and sad looking. The fall weather though is perfect. I really haven't gotten a chance to dye very much at all, only once, so I think I will try to get a little dyeing in during the next couple of weeks while the weather is a perfect 80 degrees.


Well---have a wonderful day! Happy quilting!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of the 80's. We're going to top 100 again today. But, we did have a few days int he 90's. Now, if it would just rain. I'm liking the quilt. I admit I was a skeptic when you posted the pattern and fabric, but I'm liking the orange and aqua. Take care. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination! I'm like Lane, was doubtful on the combo of the orange & aqua. Teach me to doubt you again, won't it??!?!?!
    I'm definitely going to have to get this pattern. I've seen so many wonderful stripes lately that would be great in this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!