Monday, May 28, 2012

A Finish!!




I finished quilting my "Granny Squared" today using the Circle Lord Baptist Fan Pattern Board.  I had some difficulty with the stylus jumping out of pattern, but after calling Michael, I found out we had installed it wrong.  After doing the necessary adjustments, it was much better.  I still have a little difficulty lining up subsequent rows, but since this quilt is for me, the few places where I am off are okay with me----organic quilting you know!  The background is white organic linen so I know once I wash it, you will not be able to see my little "oops" anyway.  I don't have enough of the polka dot from the border to make a binding, so I think I will improvise with a purple batik.  It is a scrap quilt after all so I think it will be just fine.

I worked in the "garden" today and if I didn't know better, I would almost swear the tomato plants are growing right before my eyes!  They look so healthy and sturdy!  The tag said you would get fruit 70 days after planting, but that time must include the time they were growing in the warehouse, not from the time I planted them.  70 days would put it after summer so from the growth, I would bet I will have fruit by the 4th of July!

Well, thanks for stopping by!  See you around the web!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!