This is the test block for my new project----I anticipate that this will probably be my last finish of the year...it is going to take some time with all the Y seams! It is a replica of an antique quilt that I found in a Marti Michel book. Instead of her templates though, I am using my GO! diamond to cut the shapes. I think I am going to have to add some different 30's, especially darks since the majority that I have are mediums/lights. The block finishes rather large (Yay)---a 12 inch. so I will only have to make about 72 or so for a queen. I am also going to begin work on another Tumbling Block with 30's as well.
I always make test blocks first for various reasons, one being if I have to put it aside, I have some blocks to help me "find my place" in the creative process. I usually press my seams open, but I think the traditional way of pressing to the side will work better. The yellows when put together make stars----this quilt will have to be made one block at a time since even in making this one, I got confused and had to do some "frogging".
This is one of the quilts that Diane left for me to finish, and it is all done! It is a quilt for her DGD and is comprised of fabrics that she (the Granddaughter) chose herself. I used one of the new panto's I purchased at AQS----wasn't hard to do at all. The thread matches to so well you can barely see the pattern, but I think it fits the quilt perfectly. I am going to load another on maybe this afternoon and perhaps use the same panto, I don't know....I will have to see what the quilt wants me to do.
Well, just wanted to check in! Thanks for stopping by!