Monday, August 13, 2012

Productive Monday!


My youngest granddaughter started this quilt at the beginning of summer.  She had sewn the squares together in pairs.  Even though she came over weekly, more important things---like going to the pool, movies, playing games, etc.---got in the way and so the quilt wasn't finished.  I cleaned my sewing studio room yesterday and found the pile of blocks.  Sometimes you just want to do something that is mindless, so I decided to finish the quilt for her (I sorta didn't want her sewing over pins on my featherweight anyway).  I looked through my stash and found the perfect borders, have loaded it on the longarm and am almost finished quilting it.  The charm pack was given to her by Diane when she came to visit, and everything else is from my stash or scrap bags, including the batting.  This would be a great baby gift or charity quilt as well.  I am going to make her a pillowcase, and although it would be a great Christmas gift, I think I might just give it to her now-----on second thought, I might just save it for Christmas!  I am going to make her brother one as well---I will look for a "guy" charm pack---maybe solid colors.

Anyway---I have had a productive day---although my legs are hurting---from cleaning and then standing all afternoon.  It feels good to have accomplished something quilty today!

Take care----"talk" to you later!!!

2 comments:

  1. We just pulled a quilt top out that Sydney had pieced and we have pieced the back together and this weekend, I hope to get it pin basted so I can start quilting it next week. She was willing to piece it, but is not willing to try machine quilting yet. Take care. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I was wondering if she ever sewed them together! They do loose interest in more important things come along, don't they! LOL Makayla did the same on hers, but loves it now that it is quilted. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!