Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Happenings!



We had an absolutely wonderful Holiday!  Lots of laughter, good food, hugs and kisses----and time to reflect on the reason we celebrate this day and how blessed we are.

Above is a picture of my "quilting" gifts!  I have a "issue" with being really heavy handed when pressing my blocks and again my husband and daughter was really "listening" and not just "hearing" me ramble on.  The Steady Betty is the large 16 x 16 size and from what I hear, it wasn't easy to find.  The little travel iron I was also really shocked about!  I had been looking for a new one.  I have a very expensive Rowenta one that leaks like a sieve---but I really like steam!  This little iron is really heavy AND it steams.  I can't wait to use it and see how it does.  My husband was says he was surfing the net and when he ordered the Betty this came up as a suggestion, so he purchased it mainly because it looked "neat".  I also received a new IPad, a lovely brief case and the usual gift card to Joanne's.  My husband normally gives me the Guild Retreat as a gift, but it is scheduled at a time when I can't go this time, so that money will be used for the AQS show.

I also got a new Daughter-In-Law!  I met her at Thanksgiving, but this time the news was shared!  She grew up in Paris and speaks with the most lovely accent AND I got REAL French perfume!  She is from Cameroon and her mother is sending me some African fabric!  How blessed can you be!  AND she is a really sweet girl!

All in all, everyone was very happy!  The grandbabies were spoiled beyond imagination and received  almost everything on their list----what blessed babies they are (and deserving ones as well).

Now on the quilting front----

I have been working on two projects at the same time---trying to complete one more UFO before the end of the year and quilting on Diane's quilt.  I am almost finished with Diane's quilt but will not finish the UFO in time.  In looking back on what I have accomplished through, it was a pretty good year.  I completed 25 quilts.  Included in this number was 14 quilts that were either charity or associated with Guild.  I didn't keep count of the number of quilts that I quilted.  I am going to have to think about my plans for next year.......but I am pleased with my productivity in 2012.

Well----gotta get back to work!  Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!