Monday, December 31, 2012

2012----almost the "Past"!

The time really has gone by quickly and here we are on the last day of 2012!

In looking back on the year, I have had a very eventful year.  There were several personal family sad times, but we weathered them, and "life goes on".  I am eternally grateful for the blessings I have in family and friends!  I think I have shared that I have a job that is important in the lives of others and will touch so many more through the nurses that I assist in educating.  How more meaningful can that be.

I have learned some important lessons in life---things that will serve me well and have made some important decisions based on those lessons.  Again, how much more could you ask for.  Iyanla (sp) says in one of her books that I  read, that the "valleys" of our life are there because there is a lesson for us to learn.  We continue to dwell in the "valley" until we learn that lesson.  I think I have come out of my latest valley and it feels good.

Okay, so much for philosophy!  What are my goals (quilting) for 2013:


  • I am going to become more proficient in freehand quilting!  To accomplish this, I will take more Craftsy classes (I have enrolled in three machine quilting classes) and I will complete them and then practice (important if I am to meet my goal).
  • I will make at least three quilts with lots of negative space for my freehand quilting.
  • I will complete 1 UFO for every 2 new quilts I make.
  • Diane and I will plan our trip to Houston for "THE" show.
  • I will make at least 80% of my quilts from already purchased fabric.
  • I will extend my fabric dyeing to include batiks.

Personal Goals:

  • I will not take "throw-away" comments personally.
  • I will continue to do the very best I can without looking for or requiring approval from anyone.
  • I will love myself for who I am, just as I am....just as God created me!
  • I will revel in the opportunities that being alone affords me.

AND---I will continue to blog and share, even if I don't get a lot of comments :D!

Happy New Year!  Remember what you are doing tomorrow will be what you will be doing all year.  I have already done my shopping and so I am going to be quilting!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by---do so tomorrow as well :D

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Good re-cap and soul-searching. I don't get many comments, either, but I know I have readers. Have a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the new year's first day sewing too. I should have been catching up on blogs. But, I sewed. Great goals for the year. Be well. Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!