Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quilting Finished!!!!!


I finished quilting the UF Quilt!  I had originally begun making this quilt as a give-a-way.  I thought it would get lots of wear and tear and so really didn't put a lot of thought into making it---still trying to do my best but not being fussy (as I can get sometimes).  Anyway, I ended up deciding to not gift the quilt, but rather keep it and use it as a sofa TV quilt or travel quilt.  I really like how this quilt turned out.  The fabric was some I had obtained through our Guild auction and was unusual to say the least.  I used tea dyed muslin, which I have found out had bad "spots" through it, but that hasn't even dampened my like.  I put a soft flannel on the back, so it will be a great cozy quilt.  I will post yet another when I get it all bound.

I also purchased two book on dyeing.  I am really looking forward to the warm weather.  Both books appear great---I haven't read them completely, but I have gotten out my notebook to take notes---I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!