I completed the UF Quilt (AKA the UG Quilt) and am now quilting it. This quilt really turned out better than expected. I was going to use a panto, but when I was loading it I saw a area that I had stretched out a bit. I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but I have had really bad results when I have used a panto on a quilt with stretched areas---the stretched part will often wrinkle. I decided to freeehand a large meander with an occassional swirl. It is looking okay, and I am quilting "out" the wrinkles, although it looks like when I get to the end, I will really have to do some smoothing out. I read somewhere that on the areas that are stretched, if you mist them with water and pat in place and leave the area to dry, the stretch parts shrink. It seems to be working a little bit anyway. Hopefully, I will finish quilting this tomorrow and will then move on to the 4 patch!
I have also decided to abandone the Twister Quilt. I don't really like it---it is to uneven--one part without contrast, the other with. It looks all jumbled---I am going to cut it up and use it in a string quilt. I am going to make the Twister though, but I will use much more thought, maybe mix some prints with some solids to really bring out the pattern!