Monday, March 1, 2010

What's Next?


I really should be working on something on my "to finish" list, and really I guess this is okay since it is a UFO.  Last year I was a part of the "9 patch " group on Sew Mama (she has since stopped blogging).  The task was to  make 2 (I think) 9-patches a day to ultimately put into a really nice twin size quilt.  Of course, my patches were different since they were scrappy but like  what happens so frequently, I got distracted.  I should have been working on Peaches and Berries, but saw this box of patches.  I had 50 completed, and had planned to do about 100 for a larger quilt (of course).  I had used EQ6 and created some really nice layouts, but have decided to just go ahead and make it like the original---so I made 10 more and have only 10 to go.  I am going to use a very light beige Kona for the sashing.  I feel okay about starting this quilt, since I am actually getting some of these UFO's out of the way.

I have a bit of work to do and then I will get back to sewing this.  I will need to cut some more 2.5 inch squares for the border, but I have a lot of 3.5 inches squares that I purchased in a scrap bag---they are old prints and not very imaginative, but should work in the border.  My goal is to have this quilt completed by the weeks end.  Working on things like this sorta gives me a push---something I can finish quickly--to begin on more tedious projects.

Well, have a great day and remainder of the week!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I have a box of 9-patches of various sizes that I take out every once and awhile...need to do something with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!