Saturday, February 18, 2012

Current Quilting Project!

It has been very difficult to get pictures of the current quilt since the cream background reflects from the flash, but I think you get the idea. I am using a complicated (for me anyway) board pattern (I am in love with my CL) that is perfect for this quilt. Rather than use white thread on the front, I used a pale yellow. I made a good choice! The quilt was made using a Moda Kona Jelly Roll, assorted Kaffee/Butler prints and sashing of cream organic linen. The back is actually traditional pillow ticking---much lighter in weight though---but again (I think) a good choice. The different textures of fabrics work well and I am anticipating, will look well when I wash it. To decrease the amount of shrinking though, I used a cotton/poly batting since the linen may shrink more. ...I am NOT a pre-washer---but in this instance, even if I were, I would not have since linen is notorious for ravelling.

The quilt top was completed last year as a "web quilt along" that occurred the year before that (I think). It is called "Paintbox" and was on the Oh Fransson web site. Everyone else certainly finished there's way in advance but "better late than necessary". I have cut binding for five quilts and after this one is completed, I will only have one more top that needs to be quilted. Not sure if I will quilt that one and then bind, or do a little machine binding this week-end.

Well, just wanted to check in! Have a great week-end!

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember this one, but you know how that is! Love the colors and I see you are using our ticking fabric! Looks great with the blocks on the front.
    Also the panto really works with this quilt -- it needed the circular design to soften the straight lines. Love it all, girl friend!


Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!