I got up early today, finished the last block and put the rows together on "Spontaneous Combustion"!!!!!! It measures 82 x 92.5---perfect for my queen size bed. Now the challenge will be to figure out what thread to use. I usually try to get a coordinating backing so I don't have to worry about thread matches, but this time since the backing is a predominate red/blue, I am going to have to audition some threads. I am thinking that a red thread would be okay though. They have this same fabric in a yellow predominate, and I wish I had purchased that, but I didn't, and I really don't want to spend more money to get the other colorway (I don't think so anyway). I just really think the red "speaks" to the quilt more.
I am going to hurry and quilt the "UG" quilt, so I can put this one on. I will probably just do a simple meander since it is so very busy, anything fancy would be a waste of energy---I am already doing that with the current quilt and I want to just get this one done and bound so I can admire it!
Well, have a great day and week-end!