Friday, February 24, 2012

A Great Day!!!



I had a great day today! I went to lunch with a friend and her friend and enjoyed a nice leisure lunch talking about quilting (what else)! I came home and worked a little on quilting my quilt currently on the frame and made the block above. This is a whole new color for me---grey! I purchased several charm packs and a matching layer cake last year. Although I thought it was really pretty---the more I looked at it, the more it didn't seem like "me". I have been auditioning several blocks and nothing seemed to really work. It is a pastel with grey which (although I am starting to like grey more), I am NOT a pastel girl. I saw this block on the Oh Fransson site and thought I would try it with one of the charm packs. It makes a really large block--17 1/4 unfinished, but it takes almost a whole charm to make one block. I have 3 more charm packs and a layer cake, so I figure I have enough to make maybe 8 more blocks. That isn't going to result in my usual big quilt, but it will make a nice lap one. It takes a while though to make one block although it isn't really difficult. I figure I should have it finished by the end of summer :c)!


Nothing else really going on---just a nice relaxing day!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, wondered where those charms went to! Unlike me it is not your usual method to let fabric age that long! :-) Like this setting, it is definitely a different block but would be a fun one also.
    Funny you've started to like gray, there have been several patterns I've seen lately that I thought the main solid fabric would be great as a pale gray. See, I still say we were separated at birth! LOL
    Off to sew on my BOM I'm finishing!
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!