Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blue Funk!

Do you ever find yourself in a type of "blue funk"--not really angry, not really depressed, just not yourself? Well, that is where I am right now. I think some of it is because: 1) I am tired! I never seem to have enough time to get things done. I was once a meticulous housekeeper--even with five children. Now my house is almost a pit---at least to me. It seems to take me all day just to clean one room and then when I finally get it all done, it is time to start over.; 2) I am without a close friend here and I think I might be a little lonely. I have met some wonderful women, don't get me wrong. I love going to Guild because there are some really nice ladies there, but I can't seem to find the time to really begin a friendship. I guess I have been spoiled because where I grew up (Oklahoma) I had and still have great friends. I have one really close friend in Florida, but I just wish she were here. She will be coming in a few weeks for the AQS, so hopefully, that will take care of the loneliness. The other reasons I feel this way is a mystery to me, but I just do.

Oh well--enough of the "pity party", things could be better, but they could be a whole lot worse, so I am going to bunk up, drink a pepsi and maybe sew a bit (after I do some work and try to clean a bathroom).

Now, what else have I been up to----well, I am still working on the "Depression Block" ---wow, what an appropriate block for me to be working on right now :-), and I have begun to work on the hexagon quilt again. Diane tells me that if I will put the bindings on the quilts, she will sew them down for me when she comes---believe it or not, she LIKES to do bindings, so I will get at least get the binding on one of the quilts. Because I am in the middle of projects, my sewing "studio" is a mess (I don't mind that being a mess---just the rest of the house).

How many of you quilt in a orderly environment? Not many I bet. I have posted the following pictures to share with you how MY creative process looks.











Thank you so much for listening!!!! I feel much better!!!!

Hugs and have a great day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Pat! I SOOOO understand!! I too feel there are never enough hours in the day. I've never been a meticulous housekeeper, but I can't stand it when you have to walk around stuff (my DH would let it get knee-deep and never bother him!). So when it really starts bothering me, I take a short time (and I do mean SHORT) and do a "quickie-clean". It's not perfect, but it makes me feel better. Have you ever heard of "FlyLady"?

    http://www.flylady.net/index.asp

    Her ideas about house keeping have greatly helped me. Can't say I practice it all the time but the thing about taking 1 hour to clean your house is a good idea (of course I always take more time, but I can do the major 2 rooms of the house in the 1 hour and it helps my feelings greatly.).


    As to the sewing/quilting room... MINE LOOKS LIKE THAT, TOO!! Because we have to pull stuff out and dig through it in order to find just the right fabric/pattern/gadget my space is never straight. I cleaned it up greatly around Thanksgiving and now you can't find anything. I need to have a spring clean and fling.

    Hope your mood brightens and you enjoy some sewing.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just wait till I start digging in all that when I get there! :-) Then you'll never find anything. Mine isn't as bad, but then I can't find anything since I moved last Feb.
    I think I'm developing ADD--I'll start on something and before I know it, I'm off onto something else! I went from sorting 2-1/2" strips to use in Bonnie Hunter's Weed Wacker (well, I figured it would be some mindless sewing and I might actually get something done!) to now I'm sorting my other size strips, the 2-1/2" have been put up and now I'm looking at just sewing strips to foundations!!
    Oh, well, the creative juices do flow periodically-I'm just ready for them to stop somewhere along the line!
    Big hugs (and the moody blues will go away!)
    Diane in Fla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!