Saturday, March 7, 2009

I GOT AN AWARD!!!


I finished quilting for the evening and sat down to do what I always end (and often begin) my day doing---reading my favorite blogs and what should I see----but I have been given the Keative Blogger Award by Zlaty from Zlaty Sews. Wow---I know this is just for fun---but I am really surprised and honored. I haven't been doing this for very long (since January) but I find it such fun. Thanks Zlaty! The rules are for me to pass it on to 7 more bloggers and to list 7 things I love---- The things I love first----

1. Jesus who has blessed me beyond belief.

2. My husband of 30+ years--he NEVER, EVER says a thing about how much fabric I buy and in fact often buys me the latest gadgets---(the latest -- the Go Cutter) and tools (a Gammill)---plus he ALWAYS loves every quilt I make.

3. Each of my five adult children---not only do I love them, but I also like them.

4. My nine grandchildren---I wish I could have been a grandmother first---it is too much fun!!!

5. My Gammill Premier--even if it doesn't have a stitch regulator and at times causes me to develop a tension headache

6. My collection of quilting magazines and books---reading is my second love and nothing pleases me more than to take a good quilting book and read while sipping a "blue label"--my name for pepsi.

7. My sewing room/studio---I am so glad I took a room we never used (a formal dining room) and turned it into my "zen" place.


Now the 7 bloggers I pass the award on to ---


1. Quilting Daze

2. Scraps and Threadtails

3. Crazy Mom Quilts

4. Longarm Quilter and Handdyer

5. Giraffe Dreams

6. Kathy's Fancy Stitching News

7. Quilt It


There are so many more---each one gives me something unique and I truly appreciate it. I am new to the area I live in and usually quilt alone--quilting blogs give me the support that I don't always have "on site". Thanks to each of you!!!!!---and especially to you Zlaty!---Hugs!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia,
    Thank you for accepting this award and passing it on to other quilters!
    You are very creative and deserve it! Isn't fun blogging?! Connecting to other people that enjoy the same hobby's even we are far away.
    Today, march 8th is a International Women's day! Happy Women's Day!
    Hugs,
    Zlaty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia,
    Thank you for the award!!! Now, please tell me exactly how I handle this... how do I get the icon for the kretiv blogger to go on my site... do I just copy it from yours? Can you tell I am very new to blogging?!! Thanks again, and I am enjoying YOUR blog, too!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you so much for the award! I'm really touched and especially pleased that you enjoy my blog! I visit yours on a very regular basis and enjoy it, as well.

    Thank you, again!

    In Friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia!

    Congratulations on your award. You have a lovely quilting blog.

    Happy quilting,
    ~Millie~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia! Thank you for your very nice complement, I appreciate it a lot. I hope also you will not be too disappointed when I tell you that I don't feel comfortable to pass it on.
    I enjoyed reading your blog. It is fun to share the joy of quilting...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!