Friday, August 7, 2009

Questions Answered!

I forgot to answer the questions Zarina and Zlaty asked----

1) I use Procion MX dye. You can order it from either Pro Chem or Dhrama (I have ordered from both). It is relatively easy to use.

2) I started out rinsing my fabric under the faucet, but that really uses a lot of water. What I do is do a light rinse under the faucet and then let it set in cold water for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I then change that water and let it set in hot water for the same amount of time, change the water and let it set for another 45 minutes. I then wash it in the washer in hot water with synthrapol.

I am glad my novice attempts help others. I love both dyeing and sharing my "lessons".

Hugs (again)!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience Patricia! I would like to try it sometimes in the future.

    Have a nice weekend!

    Zlaty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!