Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good Morning!

I have been lax in posting, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you. I just haven't had a lot to post about.

I have been busy finishing up quilting a couple of quilts---this time using panto's. They are looking really pretty good---I see some rather crooked lines but I guess that is what makes them "hand guided" and not machine guided. Anyway---as soon as I finish I will post the pictures.

At Guild meeting, the quilt honoring our Guild member, Dorothy was shown to the group. It is really a nice quilt and I was honored to get an opportunity to quilt it. I used micro-stippling around the hearts---they turned out nice.

Each of the Guild members made a heart in purple (purple is our Guild color---the name is Iris Guild) and wrote their name and a little note if they wanted). Dorothy's daughter is a member of our Guild although she lives in LA and belongs to a Guild their. She submitted a heart as well, along with a member from her LA guild. Although Dorothy did not get a chance to enjoy the quilt, the membership decided to present the quilt to her husband. He is also having some health challenges and hopefully will find the quilt some comfort to him.




Well, I have to go and clean---I seem to always be saying that but never getting it done :-( I worked yesterday (12 hours) and I am worn out...but my nephew and his wife are coming to visit next week. I know they would not want me to do anything special, but at the same time I don't want them leaving thinking, "what has happened to Aunt Patricia? Do we need to take her for an evaluation or submit her name for the next episode of "how to clean your house".

Take care and have a wonderful day!

xoxo Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quilt! I know it will give great comfort to her DH and DD.
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!