Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another Start!!!

I know, I know---I have a list of quilts I need to complete on my sidebar---a couple now "years" old. A few only need a binding and then they will be done.....so why am I starting a new quilt. Cause I am "grown" and can make that decision :-)

I really love Bonnie Hunter Quilts. They are always BIG and are scrappy--both my favorite things. I have often said however that they also have LOTS of pieces, but isn't that what quilts should have (I guess). At any rate, I really haven't ever seen a quilt of hers I haven't liked---.

She is doing another mystery----(which I also love)--called Carolina Christmas. I started it and am already almost done with Step 2---which will result in 104 blocks!!!!!! I am using the same colors as her--green, red and yellow (one constant) with a scrappy background. My reds though range from red to pink and my greens from dark green to a pea green. I found I also have the same ruler as she is using---although I really don't remember buying it---I LOVE rulers and templates---just ask Diane. At any rate I am off to the races! I will post a picture of what my sewing room looks like. I cut way too many green 2.5 inch strips (I used my GO!) but I am sure I will find a use for them. I have decided however that I am going to need to replenish my green stash. It isn't my favorite color, or it once wasn't, but I am finding I am using it more.

Hope all is going well with you all. I was a bit "under the weather" and still don't feel real perky, but hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. Pictures to follow!!!!!

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. I though about doing the Bonnie mystery as well, but I have too many Christmas presents to do! I am looking forward seeing your progress!

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!