Saturday, February 20, 2010

Third Finish!

I completed the Tumbler quilt and have it on the frame. I am doing a tight stipple and with the 100% cotton batting, it should wrinkle really nicely once it is washed and dried. I have a new favorite "neutral" thread color. It is yellow! Not a really garish yellow, but a soft butter yellow. It is amazing how well it blends with the fabrics---in fact so well, I have a hard time seeing my stitches and have quilted over a couple of lines. Even with a green backing, it still blends well!
I will post a picture when I am finished. I have decided to leave the sides uneven---it looks kind of like a scallop doesn't it? I think it will look pretty cool--and different!

I also see my "Followers" has disappeared again! I don't know what to do---just wait it out and hopefully they will return soon! Well have a great day. I am feeling much better and am even going to clean a little bit! First though I have to give Coal a bath---he smells like Frito's and since he is on my furniture and bed, we can't have that. When I finish with him he will smell like lavender-vanilla or maybe green apple this time :-)

Until next time! Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your third finish Pat! Looking forward seeing it quilted!

    I hope you feel better, i tried to leave you comment the other day but every time I opened your blog it loaded different page, it was very weird, glad it's working normal now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!