Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Productive Day!


I had a very good day!! I finished this quilt center I have been "working" on for a year! The pattern is out of a Fons and Porter Mag. The quilt in the magazine is made from Civil War Reproductions, but I made mine from 30's. Mine is also much more scrappy. The picture doesn't have the border on yet---I'll take a picture of that tomorrow when the light is better. I really think it turned out pretty---wait until you see the border!!!


On another subject---I absolutely love the Baptist Fan quilting design, but since I can't afford the "Circle Lord", I purchased a "groovy board. I am having a really hard time however in figuring how to use it. I do okay with the first row but can't seem to line up the second one correctly. I was reading however another Blog (Making Scrap Quilts from Stash) and Mary mentioned a web site that had directions for freehand fans. I've been practicing and it really looks pretty good! I may use that to quilt this quilt--since it is so busy, it would certainly hide my mistakes well. I'll see!
Cold weather is moving in----stay warm!!!!
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!