Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dye Spill!

As you probably know, I have been dyeing fabric at least once a week. As such, I was running short on dye and of course fabric, so I ordered, this time from a different vendor. I always order from the Internet and this time wasn't any different. The company sent me a notice telling me when the package had been sent and when it would arrive and it arrived right on schedule. I of course, was truly excited when I saw the package on the porch and ran right out and brought it in and begin opening it in the kitchen. As soon as I cut the tape and opened the box, a cloud of red followed---the cap on the red dye was off and it had spilled all in the box. I of course immediately took it out to the garage but not before some had spilled in the kitchen. My DH had a minor fit---you would have thought we needed to bring in the hazardous waste guys in the white suits. I did put on my mask however and try to save what I could. I couldn't figure out how the top came off, the bottle wasn't damaged, but the powder was everywhere, including on the 25 yard bolt of white fabric. I called the company and I gotta tell you, they couldn't have been nicer (Dhama). They are replacing the dye (of course), and only about a yard of fabric was stained with the dye, so they are replacing that yard. My suggestion to them was to make sure the jars are secure---maybe taping them. There was a hole in the box, but not one in the plastic bag that contained the dyes--strange!

I am also not ever going to open a box containing dye in the house again. I will always take it into the garage and open it with my mask on.

Well, I have to go and give Coal a bath and then I am going to bed. I am thinking about going to Knoxville to the AQS show tomorrow. It is about a 2.5 hour drive. I may not go, I don't know---I really miss the show here in Nashville! I sure hope it comes back one day. If I go I will try to take some pictures to post.

Have a good evening!

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. YUK! What a mess! Glad the company was helpful... that makes things better. :)
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!