Monday, July 6, 2009

A Finish!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I had a great one, although it rained in the middle of our fireworks activities :-(




I have been very busy---I finished my web BOM (Nancy Rink). It really turned out nicely---I think! The picture doesn't do it justice, but I will try to take a better one once I quilt it(click on it for a larger view). I found a great batik that reminds me of stained glass to use in the sashing and border. It worked perfectly with the handdyes. The background is a pale yellow batik. My task now will be finding the correct quilting thread. A pale yellow, or beige would be great, but I am concerned it will look too white on the blocks. I guess I could always use old reliable grey, but I think I will audition a little. Except for the batik that I purchased, all the fabric was from my stash---in fact the handdyes were purchased in scrap bags(over several years). Although I haven't quilted it yet, I am taking it out of the "working on" and moving to the "completed" projects.






I have also changed my mind about the last fabrics I dyed. I looked at them again as I ironed them and they aren't half bad. I do think though that I will work more to distribute the color more since I still think they had too much white.

Well take care and have a great evening!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!