Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday!!!

Today was an absolutely beautiful day here in Middle Tennessee!!! The sun was shining gloriously and it was just the right temperature---not too hot, or too cold. Rather than go to Sunday service (it is always very very crowded), I stayed home and reflected on the day. For the first time in a very long time, I did NOT cook a totally home cooked meal! The ham was already pre-cooked, so I needed to heat it slowly in the oven; candied yams, were canned with a sauce of butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon poured over and put in the oven; greens were from the can; mac and cheese from the box with some extras added; and bread from the bakery. I did make a "from scratch" cake, but the strawberries were frozen with cool whip. It still took me all morning, but I certainly wasn't as tired as years pass. I am proud of myself!!!!

I hope your Easter was a wonderful one, full of blessings and loving people!

1 comment:

  1. I cooked the whole meal on the grill so I didn't have to turn on the oven. We had pork roast, asparagus and potatoes...and it was delish! I'm cooking more and more outside as the weather heats up. Hope you are well and glad you're enjoying the great weather. Hope it hangs in for a while. Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!