Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Twice Sliced"



It occurred to me that I hadn't added the pictures of the completed "Twice Sliced", although I did post a "hint".  I used all batiks from my stash to cut the 10 inch squares that became the blocks.  I am continually reminded that although it is important to pay attention to what you add to your stash, if you are true to what you really like, you will always make a quilt that will coordinate with your stash.  This lining is a perfect example.  I just liked the different green colors---when I purchased it I had no idea what I was going to use it for, just knew it would be a backing.  The front is primarily purples with some "sparkles" of pink and lighter blue/purple.  It seemed too dark, so I searched my stash and decided to add the "Acid Green" small border---that is the same green that is in the backing!  The border is left over pieces of batik from the pattern.  All in all, as I mentioned earlier, all made from stash!  My DH just told me he wants his "name on this quilt".  I smile because every quilt I make, he wants his "name" on---in other words, he thinks this is a "keeper".  Makes me feel good!

Have a blessed and productive Sunday!  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Another winner! I can see why DH wants it!
    2 days -- but then who is counting??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!