Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Quilting Finish---





I finished quilting this quilt last night. It is a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop although my rows are vertical rather than horizontal. I used the Circle Lord Baptist Fan pattern board. I had a couple of "oops" but all in all, not bad for a first time. I am debating rather I want to block this quilt before binding it since it is white and I notice a couple of soiled (very little) spots. I will put it aside and see. I love the backing! I purchased it last year during AQS---didn't really have a quilt in mind but liked the interesting color and pattern. I once worried about purchasing fabric without a quilt in mind, but have decided to trust myself. I ALWAYS can find a quilt that is perfect for that piece of fabric. I am working really hard to use from my stash since AQS is coming up again, and although I will use restraint, I know I will be adding to my stash!



The Guild Retreat is coming up this week-end. I have put together a couple of projects to work on and can't decide whether I should take 3 or 2. I am known for a short-attention span, but will probably only take 2. Hopefully I can get at least one top completed. I sorta designed this quilt myself (with the help of EQ6). I saw it on the Pinterest site but it didn't have a name or anything and it was a little wall hanging (at least it looked like it). I enlarged the basic idea to a queen size, used my own hand dyes and will put it together. It has been a lot of chatter about copyright issues, so I am almost afraid to post it here. Most definitely though I will not give directions and as I said am using my own fabrics. I will have to "noodle" on that a bit.

At any rate, I am all set---sorta. I will oil my machine, and pack my quilty stuff probably tonight or tomorrow. Since it is a retreat, I don't have to worry about clothes per se, but rather than sit around in my pj's, I guess I need to at least bring sweats.

Well, got some work to do. Just wanted to check in. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love what the quilting did for the top and I love that backing fabric, too. Enjoy the retreat. How nice it would be to just get away and sew with a bunch of like minded people. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is lovely, Patricia! Well done! Love those fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out wonderful! I love the "stacks" of fabric snips--does remind me of stacks of fabrics in our 'favorite' quilt store!! LOL The fans set it off. Someone once told me if you have a lot of straight forward sewing in a top, then you need something with motion to set them both off. Guess that concept is right this time!
    Have fun at the retreat. I won't be home till Sat so will have to talk to you Sunday sometime.
    Hugs, Diane
    PS I won't question your fabric buying again! You know I silently went "yuck" to the backing fabric-just wasn't me. But it looks fantastic with this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Please come back again!!